Tuesday, March 15, 2005

The Ides of March

So, Caesar had a bad day a couple of millenia ago, and now my birthday is cursed. But on the upside, at least it sometimes prompts people to remember it. Although frankly, I have my doubts about the siblings. In fact, I'd offer roughly 1:1 odds that neither remembers it, 2.5:1 that one of them remembers enough to make a phone call, and 5:2 that they mailed anything to me.

Not that I'm bitter or anything. Here's an open question - how inappropropriate is it to list gift desires publicly? Now that I've had a job for a while, I've bought a bunch of toys for myself already - and the number of affordable toys I desire is declining somewhat. So, is it bad form? Is it massively presumptuous?

Postscript: not 2 minutes after this was posted, Wallis Minor called :)

No comments: