Tuesday, May 06, 2008

New Digital Map of Algonquin.

Hey people,
Found this online http://homepage.mac.com/canoecamping/Map/About_the_Map.html. There are a number of maps of Algonquin, but few online. In fact, the only one I can think of is a 4 Mb pdf scan of the old Canoe Routes map, which is now slightly dated in terms of open camp sites and portages. So, this guy (Jeffrey McMurtrie) has made a new map of the park, and superimposed a whack of new data on it from alternate sources, such as the logging roads, cut areas, etc. It's a big file, but I thought you might be interested in knowing about it for trip planning. If you a copy of the older version, let me know,

Cheers
n

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you like it :). Email me if you'd like to see something added.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link Nige and the map Jeffrey! Anyone else envious of his month-long trip to Algonquin??