Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Just another manic monday

Cripes. Hopefully this won't be repeated any time soon.
Wake up to watch alarm, not the usual radio. Hop in the shower, get going to the subway. Doors are locked. Turned out, there's a strike...
So, on the hottest day of the year so far, biked into work without bike shorts and with a laptop in the backpack. Took 45:38, which is 10 minutes faster than the last time I took the subway. Downside? 1. The seat slipped down an inch a km; 2. we're hosting all the international VP's at work this week. So... pretended to be a bike courier in order to avoid walking by them in shorts/sweaty T/bike hair/smushed bugs on
face. Also, no shower at work. So, walked up to goodlife and showered there.
Work - heh. Like anyone has to ask.
Bike home - a first! I was rear-ended by another bike!?! A bunch of kids came to a crosswalk and pressed the button. I had time, so I stopped. As they crossed, the bike behind me slapped into me - but I still had the v-brakes on. I think it hurt him more than me.
Anyway, get home. Rush to get to ultimate. Pick up a teammate, stranded by said strike. On the way, the A/C dies. Hmm. Maybe I didn't run it enough this winter? Then the radio dies. That's not good. As I go to park, the car seizes and
dies. Bugger.
Ultimate game - kids soccer has the permit to "good field" Next field is small and cramped. We play badly and fall behind, then play chippy and win. I use my dad's "anger makes you play better" and it helps win, but seeing as we're playing friends, feel like a huge jerk. Good times all round. Bah.
CAA took 2+ hours to show. Apparently they had 5000 plus calls today in the GTA. They took the car to dealership, where tomorrow I can pay several hundred for the privilege of having the car work again.
Now, because of the heat, can't sleep.
Maybe I'll re-read MacEwan's Saturday

No comments: